AIDS in the '90s: 'I wasn't going to die miserably' - CNN.com

AIDS in the '90s: 'I wasn't going to die miserably' - CNN.com: "On June 5, 1981, the virus that would become known as HIV was mentioned for the first time in a medical publication. As we approach that anniversary, CNNHealth takes a look at 30 years of the epidemic that changed the world, through the eyes of people who've lived it.
Washington (CNN) -- She sat in a small exam room, down a hallway that gets even longer when she remembers it. That was where doctors told Linda Scruggs, 13 weeks pregnant, that she had tested positive for HIV.
'They told me that I had the option of terminating the pregnancy to prolong my health, and they offered me, with the termination, five years to live,' recalls Scruggs. 'If I did not terminate this baby, probably me and the baby both would be dead within three years."

No comments:

Post a Comment