Denzel Washington boxes, practices martial arts to stay screen ready - chicagotribune.com

Denzel Washington boxes, practices martial arts to stay screen ready - chicagotribune.com: "NEW YORK — Has 50 become the new 20 for on-screen action? At 53, Madonna kept pace with dancers half her age in the Super Bowl halftime show. Liam Neeson's last couple of movies have established the 59-year-old as a bona fide action hero. And now, 57-year-old Denzel Washington is the latest to run, punch, kick and jump with co-stars nearly half his age, including Ryan Reynolds, in his new movie,"Safe House."

Q: So, no stuntmen to make it look like you were doing it all?

A: A few for the really dangerous stuff, but a lot of the action that you see is me. You know, one thing about my job is if I take it seriously, then I have to try and stay in decent shape. I'm always preparing for roles like this because I enjoy them. You have to. I box, but I also work with martial artists. In this movie I had two big fights and we didn't get to those fights until April into May so I trained from mid-January. It was a great way to stay in shape for two-and-a-half, three months. We wo"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment